I am a Lecturer in the Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University, and affiliated with the Monash Cybersecurity Lab. I earned my PhD degree from City University of Hong Kong under the direction of the incomparable Cong Wang in 2016.
My research mainly focuses on addressing the data privacy and security issues in cloud and networked systems. I am interested in designing new software with data security regulation compliance. I am also interested in inter-disciplinary research with digital health, Internet of things, building information modelling, and machine learning. My research is currently supported by Monash Infrastructure, Monash Faculty of IT, Oceania Cyber Security Centre, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Collinstar Capital.
Huayi Duan, Cong Wang, Xingliang Yuan, Yajin Zhou, Qian Wang, and Kui Ren, “LightBox: Full-stack Protected Stateful Middlebox at Lightning Speed”, In the 26th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS’19), London, UK, 2019.
Shangqi Lai, Xingliang Yuan, Shi-Feng Sun, Joseph Liu, Yuhong Liu, and Dongxi Liu, “GraphSE^2: An Encrypted Graph Database for Privacy-Preserving Social Search”, In the 14th ACM ASIA Conference on Computer and Communications Security (AsiaCCS’19), Auckland, New Zealand, 2019. (Acceptance ratio: 58/258 = 22.5%)
Lei Xu, Xingliang Yuan, Ron Steinfeld, Cong Wang, and Chungen Xu, “Multi-Writer Searchable Encryption: An LWE-based Realization and Implementation”, In the 14th ACM ASIA Conference on Computer and Communications Security (AsiaCCS’19), Auckland, New Zealand, 2019. (Acceptance ratio: 58/258 = 22.5%)
Lei Xu, Xingliang Yuan, Cong Wang, Qian Wang, and Chungen Xu, “Hardening Database Padding for Searchable Encryption”, In the 38th International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM’19), Paris, France, 2019. (Acceptance ratio: 288/1464 = 19.7%)
Yu Guo, Xingliang Yuan, Xinyu Wang, Cong Wang, Baochun Li, and Xiaohua Jia, “Enabling Encrypted Rich Queries in Distributed Key-value Stores”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), Accepted, 2018.
Shi-Feng Sun, Xingliang Yuan, Joseph Liu, Ron Steinfeld, Amin Sakzad, Viet Vo, and Surya Nepal, “Practical Backward-Secure Searchable Encryption from Symmetric Puncturable Encryption”, In the 25th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS’18), Toronto, Canada, 2018. (Acceptance ratio: 134/809 = 16.6%)
Xingliang Yuan, Huayi Duan, and Cong Wang, “Assuring String Pattern Matching in Outsourced Middleboxes”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), Accepted, 2018.
Xingliang Yuan, Jian Weng, Cong Wang, and Kui Ren, “Secure Integrated Circuit Design via Hybrid Cloud”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), Accepted, 2018.
- PhD students: Viet Vo (Monash/Data61); Shangqi Lai (Monash/Data61); Lei Xu (Visiting Student from NJUST);
- Master students: Bang Wu (Melbourne U); Xiangwen (Wayne) Yang (Monash);
- Undergraduate students: Wenkai Gong; Yixuan (Robin) Liu;
- Organizing committee: IEEE DSC 2019 (Experience and Practice Track Co-Chair), ProvSec 2019 (Publicity Co-Chair).
- TPC member: AsiaCCS-SCC 2017, Globecom 2017-2019, IWQoS 2017, SecureComm 2017 & 2019, ICCCN 2018, NSS 2018, Trustcom 2019, NAS 2019.
- Invited reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Service Computing, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Internet of Things Journal,IEEE Communications Magazine, IEEE Networking Letters, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Journal of Communications and Networks, Security and Communication Networks.
- Lead coordinator for CySCA challenge, Monash FIT.
- “Encrypted Search: Advances and Beyond”, at Nanjing University of Science and Technology, June 2018
- “Private and Versatile Search over Very Large Encrypted Datasets”, at CityU-CS Research Student Workshop, June 2017
- “Towards Secure Outsourced Middleboxes”, at Monash University, December 2016
- “Searchable Encryption in Secure Network Function Outsourcing”, at Jinan University, April 2016